Crestone itself is a very small town. Most of what people call “Crestone” is the Baca Grande Subdivision, which lies just to the South of the town of Crestone. All together, there are roughly two thousand people living in Crestone and the Baca Grande, but it’s growing every year.
The wikipedia page on Crestone is very helpful in understanding the history of this subdivision in the middle of nowhere.
We have our very own excellent weather center run by a local.
Our very own town newspaper, The Crestone Eagle, is the best spot to look for local goings-on.
- Cell service is strongest with Verizon or Straight Talk, but AT&T also works. There are some areas where reception is spotty at times.
- For internet you have a few options: SLV REC, the electric company also provides internet through Ciello, as does Consolidated Communications.
- If you actually want a land line, Consolidated Communications will handle that as well.
- For trash service, there are two major companies that service the are. Waste Management is a national company, and Conley Waste Management is a local operation out of Saguache. Both provide excellent reliable service.
- Unfortunately, there are currently no recycling services in this county. You can bring your recycling to Alamosa, where there are free public recycling centers.
- We have our own emergency services. If you call 911 in Crestone, the Baca Grande fire department or ambulance will come help you.
- Link to our Property Owners Association
- Link to Baca Water and Sanitation where you can look up information on water & sewer tap fees for specific lots
- Link to the Saguache County Parcel Viewer, a very handy resource for looking at properties, their boundaries overlaid on a satellite image, and link to the assessor’s page.